Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Music

I'm sorry folks, I've been MIA for quite a while...alot has happened since.


In mid October 20080, my garage was set ablaze by the Porter Ranch Fires. It's about mid April 2009 I still have yet to move back into my home....


No worries though, God is good and He is sovereign so I don't stay up worrying.


Since my departure, I've made sporadic posts here and there and can definitely say that I can now devote a chunk of time back into the blog. I'll start doing audio equipment reviews and the like.


In the meantime, there's a great deal of music released by artists that I respect. I won't post links because there are loads of blogs that can supply you with the needed information (ala 2dopeboyz.com).

The first being U-N-I. Their debut album entitled "A Love Supreme" is heralded everywhere from Okayplayer to XXL and boy what a release this is. Production completely handled by Ro BLVD, these cats (Thurzday and Y-O) definitely have a bright future ahead.

The next is Outasight's "From Here to There." Outasight delivers my favorite mixtape so far in 2009 and is one of the artists I'm watching out for when the summer hits.


Third, we've got Cook Classic's "The New Classics." The homie Cook delivers some heavy hitters with this Vimby collaboration. This is one of those albums you can play it on repeat and discover something new every time.


Lastly, Print - Comic Book: Unlimited. This is THE BEST concept album to date this year. It features an awesome lineup of all stars and is based upon every 80's/90's kid's dreams...comic books. This is one you don't want to miss.


More to come...

No comments: