Thursday, November 19, 2009

Cookie's are Classics




Meet one of dopest producers this side of the west coast--Cook Classics.

Born and raised in NYC, this LA transplant has already made huge moves producing tracks for artists like Diamond D, Pacific Division, Amanda Diva, Buff1, TiRon, Outasight, 6th Sense, and a whole slew of other DOPE lyricists.

I met Cook when I was chillin' with Tunji and we rolled to Cook's crib trying to finalize a track on Inverse's So Far tape...the track was "Sunnycalifornia." The beat came on and it was what I like to call...instavibe. Drums were knockin'...bass was thumpin'...I wanted to quit making beats if this dude was my competition. Wow.

Since then, I've been checking for his work and if you' haven't heard any of it...time to get up because the tracks are incredible!

You can find more of his work on these releases:
Diamond D - The Huge Hefner Chronicles (I Getz It In)
Nieve & Cook - Away With Words

Get to know him a little bit better with this past Hip-Hop Official feature:

No comments: